Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Call...



The Call finally came! My in-laws have been waiting for their mission call for awhile, and THEY GOT IT! They told us they wouldn't be around for Thanksgiving, but to our excitement, they leave after Christmas! They're going to the Guam/Micronesia Mission! Serving in the Family History Center, as this was a little joke in the family. My sister-in-law teased they would serve a family history mission, to which my mother-in-law replied, "Well, we'll have to learn all about it then!" Their previous mission was in Thailand as Humanitarian missionaries, to which, I'm proud to say they are VERY good at. We all expected the same type. God has a sense of humor though, and we're very excited for them! I hear Guam is nice in September...


Can you belive these 2 have this much posterity already? It blows my mind to think that all these people came from them alone. (with a little help). My in-laws are two of the best people I have ever known. They are like steam engines without a station. I marvel at how much service mom gives. She is always mindful of everyone's needs, and I've never known her to overlook anything or anyone. If you compliment them they say, "Oh, we're common as rocks." That may be true, but to me, they're heros. They raised 9 children. 9! And they're all wonderful! How did I get so lucky to join this family? I know they will touch many lives in Guam. It's hard to forget a tall farmer and his on-the-go wife.
We love you. We love what you've taught us. And we will miss you more than you'll know.

4 comments:

Rob and Jill said...

They are great aren't they?! I think I'll cry everyday they are gone. We're glad to have you in the family too!

I was going to post about the same thing, with our big family picture. Hope you don't mind that I copy you.

Anonymous said...

Excellent post! I don't think I,or anyone else could ever say enough about Mom and Dad! We will miss them!

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

We will miss them too. We feel lucky to have such a great family, and great parents.

Teandra said...

Love the new blog! I want to see your pictures. We'll have to go to Guam together...