Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas


This Christmas was the best yet. The best part was spending time with family. Tea and I got together with mom on Christmas Eve and made goodies. We ended the evening with a candle-lit dinner and a program. The only thing missing was Travis with his family. We went up to spend one last Christmas day with Evan's family. I will miss them terribly. Though the weather outside was frightfull, we kept ourselves busy playing games and chatting, and resolving disputes with the "little ones".

There's a certain magic at Christmas with a little baby. My mind often reflected to Mary and her obvious love for the Christ Child. I wonder how she could have loved him so much knowing she had to give him away. I feel that I understood much more this year what Christmas is all about. I think of starting the traditions that will carry through the years as my children grow. I think of the stories that soften my heart. I loved having my family close.






Thanks for the memories, mom and dad.





Our gifts to each other: Evan- stuff for his bike
Toni- a new stove!




Porter- sleeping through the night!































1 comment:

Teandra said...

I never got to see his outfits. Cute! I love our 'candid' picture...