Sunday, August 17, 2008

A baby shower surprise!

Am I clueless, or do people REALLY know how to keep a good secret?


A couple weeks ago, my mom invited me to a super saturday the relief society was doing in her ward. She said they were doing some really cute crafts, and of course, I agreed to come. I had a baby shower that day at Evans family's house, but it wasn't until the evening. I spent part of the afternoon shopping. (You know, the usual: nursing bras, maxi pads, warm socks for delivery, just a typical day of shopping). I met my sister at mom's house a few minutes late, and we rushed over to the church. I had no idea!


We walked into the relief society room, which I thought was weird, cause don't they usually do these things in the gym? I saw a bunch of ladies sitting in a circle, all of whom would normally be there. I walked in and heard a big, SUPRPRISE!!!!!


This was so much fun! We played a bunch of games, including, don't pop the balloon, (as you try to tie your shoes), the price is right, the "can you name everything in this basket?" game, and the dirty diaper candybars.


My friend Jenny took it upon herself to plan this, and bless her heart, it was so fun!


Here are pics of the two showers. Thanks everyone. We love you!

4 comments:

JP and Steph said...

The girls I work with helped me come up with the lie. My dad really did change over to digital radiographs though so it was not a total lie, we just had training another day. I am glad you enjoyed your suprise shower!

The Leithead Family said...

Sweet! You scored! I'm glad that you had two super showers and a great day of shopping.

Teandra said...

You should have everything now, right?

Janelle said...

You look so cute! Congratulations on the upcoming baby. Your life is about to take a 360, but you'll be filled with joy beyond measure! Let me know if you need anything...I can also sew something up!