Monday, May 30, 2011

The truth of why I've negleted my blog

You know how you've been busy? I've been busy, but not really the interesting busy. I really have nothing to blog about. Unless you want to know:
How many diapers a day I've been changing..
How many times I've done the dishes and wiped down the counters...
The endless baskets of laundry to fold...
Evan's long work days...
Spring cleaning...
Evan's being out of town...
Going to McDonald's for dinner 3x this week...
The constant battle I've had with cat urine in my carpet, and trying to get that out...
Watching my neighbor's kids...
Running 33 miles this week...
Taking care of sick, whiny kids...
Getting up early to run...
Dinner out with friends...
Why I don't want to do my hair or put on makeup today...
How I've lost all the baby weight...
Our weekend away...
Planning activities with the ladies...
Getting new renters...
Working in the yard...
Crafting...
The list goes on. I know I'm not alone in the mundaneness of my life, but I really have nothing exciting to offer you.
I do have a tidbit though. Since we were in California and I began running again, I decided to run the Utah Valley Half Marathon June 11th. It became a goal of mine to run a half between having each kid. It's a goal that makes me get back in shape and lose all the baby weight. Evan has been very supportive and has helped with the kids in the mornings, and those long saturdays when I'm out.
I'm pleased to say that I'm ready. Actually I've been ready for a long time. I started training way too early and I've mentally burned myself out. I do like to run, but I've hit the motivation wall. The race is 2 weeks away, and I've run 10 miles each of the last few Saturdays. I also signed up to run the Ragnar Relay the week after the half, so I've been "training" for that. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to the end of June, and to sleeping in. I find myself exhausted and energyless. But it all is worth it when I look in the mirror.
So glad we got the treadmill with a tv screen, cause it's been rainy more than sunny, and how else to you run 6 miles completely alone? Lots of good movies and me in the basement together. Can't say I'll miss it.
The bright side is that I've met my goal. I now have maybe 1/2 lb to go before I'm down to pre-Henry weight. Not that I don't have 10 more after that...I'm not going to be impractical though.
Stay tuned for my final time and wish me luck!

3 comments:

John-n-Mel said...

Wow look at you go! It's good to read about real life. I'm very impressed with your running and baby weightloss. Good luck with the races-which I was running both of them with you!

Sarah said...

I totally know how you feel. That's me too. I actually have had posts ready to post, but needing some editing. So I'm in the process. Life sure keeps us busy! It was good to hear what was going on with you! Way to go w/ the baby weight. I'm just getting back into exercising so hopefully it'll come off soon!

Amy said...

HOORAY!! I'd been wondering what was up with you guys. Okay, so you guys flew into Atlanta, drove to South Carolina, and then to Orlando, and didn't even bother to come to Starkville, or let us know so we could meet up with you??? GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! We're 5 hours from Atlanta--and down here, 5 hours is really close--everything is at least 4 hours away, so we're used to it. I can't believe that Henry is already 10 months old!! What a cute boy!!! So, did your neighbor finally put up the fence?? I thought I remember you telling us about him having to do it? I totally understand that feeling of a mundane life: diapers, dishes, and more! Way to go on your running! That is SOOOOO awesome! Dustin and I actually started running again a few weeks ago--except it's getting too hot and humid ANY time of day here--tomorrow we'll be trying to run at 6:30 AM and see if that helps--My goal is someday to run an half marathon--but honestly I don't know how I could train for one here in the South's humidity.... we'll see! Are you staying updated via our blog?