Thursday, September 23, 2010

8 weeks

My sweet Henry,
I love how perfect your skin is, how smooth and soft your face is against mine. I especially love the way you smell.
I could watch you sleep all day. You breathe so softly and you look like an angel.
I love that I'm getting to know you. I'm glad you're sleeping longer and more solidly than ever before during the night. Our rendezvous only lasts 20 mins, instead of 2 hours.
I love your cuddles. Thanks for letting me hold you most of the day. The time will come when my arms aren't where you want to be, so thanks for your hugs.
Your smile melts my heart. It's like you know something we don't. I'm glad you're so happy here.
I love how little you are. Newborn clothes are still in the laundry and the closet. I wish you'd stay this way!
I am so happy you've decided to like it here. It made me sad that you cried all those nights for weeks and weeks, but I'm glad you've decided to be happier and enjoy your time with us...you know, we'll be here for a long time together, so we're glad you're making the best of it.
You're so busy with your hands, always putting them up to your face and pulling out the pacie. I hope you make use of those busy fingers and learn to play the piano. That would make me so happy!
I love you little guy! Thanks for being so sweet and fun.
Mom
P.S. Sorry about all the gas...I've been trying to cut back on the dairy, but really, I think it's just you.

3 comments:

sugarpierdh said...

Toni, your boys are so cute!!! I particularly love the glasses. Too cute.

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

Oh...he makes me want to come over for some snuggle time. (My boys will only snuggle for a moment before they run off to something more interesting.)
He is so sweet! Give him a hug and kiss from me!

Amy said...

hooray! i'm loving your posts~