Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sweet Sleeper

This is the view I have of Henry for a good portion of the day. It's so fun to get to hold him as much as I can.


Henry slept in his swing seat most of the nights for a month or so. He got a cold during the first weeks at home, and his nose never seemed to recover from it. He was too stuffy to lay on his back, so we kept him in the seat to keep the peace at night. Plus, there's a little massage action in the seat that kept him calm for 2 hr stretches.
Luckily, he's over the cold, and back to sleeping on his back. He now sleeps 6 hr. stretches and sometimes 7. I put him down at 10:00, and he'll usually sleep til 4 or 5, then wakes up on his own at 8. It's wonderful!
For naps I usually sleep him in his swing, not because he sleeps better that way, but because I want him to get used to sleeping through noise, so he's in the great room during his naps. He does really well, and I hope it'll pay off when it comes to a solid schedule.

I love to look at this face all day! Here he's sleeping on the kitchen counter while I prepare dinner at lunchtime.

This is what Porter does all day. I'm going for mother of the year here, but we're you tube junkies. We watch Thomas episodes, Dr. Seuss movies, and animated characters. It all started with him wanting to see videos of trains...we are limiting our time here, though.
We've become really good friends with our next-door neighbors, the Wahlquists. Both our husbands are Electrical Engineers, and we both get to stay at home with our kids-they have 4. We recently started a date night exchange. It has been a lot of fun, and really easy to walk our kids next door to leave for a date. Here's a picture of their kids coloring when we were watching them. They're so cute together. We're planning Porter and Ellie's wedding...she's the blonde. It's better than wonderful to have such good friends close by.

2 comments:

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

A wedding!?!?! (You gotta wait till they are in preschool at least...lol) That is too cute. Oh sweet Henry! I am so glad he is back to sleeping.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog through facebook, now I can follow it! Cute family!