Sunday, February 22, 2009

Valentines Day- a'la pobre

Despite the fact that my birthday is 3 days before Valentine's, we celebrated just the same. We had made plans with my sisters and their husbands for an early dinner at the Melting Pot. We dropped P off with grandma (all smiles) and met up with our party. Before we left, we looked at the menu online, and had chosen a 3 course fondue dinner that was more like $58/couple instead of the pricier meals. So excited, we were seated. The restaurant was fabulous, and we were dressed up. You know that feeling when you're walking through the restaurant so excited for your meal and the chance to eat without a baby!? We all sat down, and in front of us, a sheet of paper with today's menu on it. What? Just one menu? All our eyes scrolled to the bottom of the page which read $69/person. Uh, what?

The thing is, nobody told us it would be a set menu that day when we made reservations, and it wasn't on the website either. We told the server our dilemma. (Sorry, but college student have a general food budget of $140/month!) He was nice and understood. We walked out. After all, we didn't owe this place anything, and walked on over to Olive garden, where we waited 15 minutes, and spoiled ourselves. After all, we saved ourselves $100, right?
I got Evan 2 new shirts, and little P 2 new shirts as well, for church. Evan got me a picture frame. I love celebrating love.
Here are some cards I made with my sister. Thanks Teezer! Happy V-Day!

3 comments:

Rob and Jill said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sorry, I forgot to call.
$69/person is crazy, I don't blame you for leaving! We did Chinese take-out for Valentine's Day. The kids love a special candle light dinner.

Clint and Elle said...

Happy Belated B-day and very cute cards. Comment on earlier post-read my blog if you want boring, but I do feel the same way when I read other peoples' posts as you do(did). Your blog is great-you've got pictures. Oh, and my doctor said my read scaly spots were Pitoriasis Rosea (sp). I've had it for 1 1/2yrs now, so maybe I need to see if my doctor will take your doctor's diagnosis.

Natalie and Aaron said...

Porter is absolutely adorable!!!
Aaron and I have never eaten at the Melting Pot because of cost$$$. I've heard it's awesome though. Happy late birthday!