Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Weekend Getaway...Or was it?

My hygiene class still gets together once a month. We each signed up for a certain month before graduation. I look forward to these. I miss the girls! This month was Buffy's turn. She recently moved to St. George and hence, our "retreat". My mom decided to come with Porter and me and we left Evan home to work and study.
The trip down Friday night was okay, but little P fussed quite a bit. When we got there it was almost time for him to get to bed. Granted, it's a different house, with different lights. We have a white noise maker that we used which blocked out ALL noise from the house. (lifesaver). Alas...13 times? I really had to get up 13 times with him? Hence the not-so-relaxing weekend. The next night was slightly better, but still exhausting. I'm glad Evan was able to get a lot of sleep, though he's made up for it now!
Thanks to my mom, I went out with the girls to the Legends Golf Course for lunch. It was de-lish! Then we went shopping, but I didn't get anything.

Lyndsey, Stephanie, Buffy, me

Let me go back...earlier that morning I was talking to Evan, who was so enthused to have gotten a full nights' sleep and had a great, productive morning. He was telling me the sequence of events of his morning-slept in, went running, bought a car, filed the taxes... wait wait wait....back up!!!???

me: you BOUGHT a car? (Surprised as ever.)

Evan: yep! (I'm sure with a smile)

me: What?

Evan: Yep!
So now we have 2. We have been saving money to pay cash for it, but we weren't really looking, or even had anything in mind. Yet, we now are the owners of a 2000 maroon Mazda 626. I love it. I especially love having 4 doors, and a trunk. Funny how I took advantage of these things.
Good job, Babe! Love you.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for new cars! So much fun!

Rob and Jill said...

Hooray for you guys, and way to go Evan! He spoils you terribly doesn't he? What a good guy! I wish I could claim to have taught him that, but sorry, I'm not nearly so thoughtful. I hope little P. starts sleeping better. He's getting so big.

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

Hooray!!!! Nice car! Happy to hear you had a fun weekend with friends and your mom. Hey little P, you really need to let your momma sleep, and then convince your cousin to sleep good too for me please.

Amy said...

That's crazy! He bought a car without you!?!? It seems you're happy about it all though-which is good! Congratulations on the new 4 door!

Teandra said...

Toni if you wanted a Mazda 626 I've got a blue one you can have...Congrats!

Anonymous said...

It's always fun to get away for a bit and come home to a great surprise! Have fun with the new car!