Sunday, September 7, 2008

My New Son







Here's our new delivery!


Sept. 4th. 2008


Porter Eldon Zaugg


He was 7lbs. 6 oz. and 19 inches long.




He is a joy and a good baby. We are so proud and overwhelmed by how much we love him already. I sat in the nursery with him the day we got back, trying to let it all sink in. I sat there with him peacefully dozing in my arms, and this surge of emotion shot through me. I started sobbing, just overwhelmed by all the feelings I have for him. I love him so much! I knew somehow I would feel this way, though I didn't know when. How amazing it is to love someone so small and new!


It is a total experience trying to figure out what he wants and when, and what to do when. Evan is really good at getting him to calm down. He is pretty easy, except when he cries, he cries, and wailes, and screams, and sounds so desperate. It's so cute! If only he's sleep more during the night, and be more alert during the day.

13 comments:

The 3 Nomads said...

It is really amazing how fast time flies by! I just happened onto your blog tonight and am in awe that I missed even knowing that you were expecting. He is beautiful! Congrats :)

Rob and Jill said...

Yeah! Congratulations!!! He is beautiful. We are so happy for you.

Natalie and Aaron said...

Toni...what a BEAUTIFUL BOY!!! I am so happy for you and Evan. What a healthy, cute little baby. I could only imagine the feelings you have when holding him. You are going to be a wonderful Mother. Are you up for visitors?? Aaron and I will be in Utah this coming weekend. Let me know. Take care : )

Rommel and Christy said...

OH!! He is beautiful!! I can't stand it! I am so excited for you and Evan! Congratulations!

Teandra said...

I'm glad precious sneaked in a picture...I love him. Can't wait to see him again soon.

Erika and Amos said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy and excited for you. He is beautiful!

Good luck with the sleepless nights...ha ha ha. Hopefully he will start sleeping through the night soon. The first night he sleeps through, you will wake up in the morning thinking that you didn't wake up with him.

Have fun and enjoy every moment!

Janelle said...

Congratulations....now catch up on some sleep!

JP and Steph said...

Toni I am so excited for you! He is sooo cute! Good work!

maria said...

Porter is so precious! I am so glad you got your boy! There is nothing like a snugly baby in your arms! I can't wait to see him. The big question is did you give into the drugs??????

Lynette said...

He is adorable! Congratulations!

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

Congratulations!!! He is such a sweetie!!! And Porter, wow, you have really cute parents... congratulations, and welcome to the family!

Munchkin Inc. said...

Congratulations, Toni. He is beautiful. He looks a lot like Evan. Enjoy him, he'll grow faster than you know.

Clint and Elle said...

Great pictures, very very cute! Good luck figuring out all the ins and outs of motherhood. I know you'll enjoy almost every minute of it.