Wednesday, September 17, 2008

He discovered my eyes!


From the title, my post is pretty self-explanitory. We were doing wakey time. I laid Porter down on my lap, and took off my glasses. He was being very alert and looking around at whatever. I leaned in really close to his face, hoping to catch a glimpse. He stared right into my eyes! I could have melted! We kept the gaze for quite a while, and he seemed to know who I was. Of course it made me cry, and I wiped my eyes and we did it again! What a blessing it is to be a mother. He also does these really cute smiles when he's dozing off. I can't wait until they become concious reactions.

5 comments:

Clint and Elle said...

So much going on with a new life, new addition to the family. He's adorable. I can't believe how much you've been able to post so far. Great to hear all the details.

Silvia and Steven said...

Toni! He's so adorable! I'm glad that everything went well and now you are enjoying you little bundle. The first 6 weeks is hard but it gets better. It's amazing how much you love your baby after they are born. I can't wait to keep reading more on your blog love silvia

Natalie and Aaron said...

Little Porter is so precious!!! I love your stories, thanks for sharing. Toni...I wish I could have come see you last weekend! With our busy schedule, we were mostly in So Jordan the entire time. We will be back in October and hopefully have more time. You are such a cute Mom. Don't feel like a bad friend, you have had a lot going on. Talk to you soon : )

maria said...

There is nothing like a new born! The bond is amazing. I just hope I get the chance to have another one!

Teandra said...

Thanks! You updated your blog great with lil P comin' along. I love Josh. I wish every employer would play it, like Hollywood did.