Sunday, January 29, 2012

18 months


Its funny how life seems to slip away from you so fast. I sit here both sad and happy that we've survived 18 months of Henry's life. I ask myself where did it all go? I remember his birth just as vividly as Owen's, and somehow I don't remember how we got this far. Really we should be celebrating BECAUSE we survived to this point! Oh, Henry. Where do I start?!

You are the busiest kid I know. You STILL climb on things, rummage through ALL my cupboards and drawers, run everywhere you can (mostly away from us), and you GET IT!
You are keenly aware of life, and understand so much of your world. You can't handle being left out of anything we're doing. You eat like it's your last meal ALL THE TIME. You nod for yes and no, and you say a lot more words than I thought you knew...

You LOVE animals, Old MacDonald, and The Lion King. You are starting to understand and listen to bedtime stories. Books are open non-stop in your arms, and you laugh all the time. You have an infectious smile that still gets to my heart.

You are chubbing up for a rainy day maybe? I've never seen you this chunky, but it's cute! You are so gentle and soft with Owen, and I know you have a very sensitive side to your rough-and-tumble attitude. You LOVE your blanket and your bedtime Buddy, and you won't leave your crib until both are in hand.

Since Owen's birth, you've been on a "big kid" kick. Luckily you'll still sleep in your crib, though we fought you on that one. You refuse to sit in the high chair, and want to start doing things by yourself. You test us constantly with your boundaries.

You love to be outside, and can't help but cry when one of us gets to leave the house without you. You adore Porter, and mimmick what he does everyday. You're becoming better and better friends.

Instead of running pell-mell in any direction, you are starting to look back and stay closer to us, which is very comforting to me now. I can see a light at the end of your energetic little tunnel.
I don't know how I got so lucky to have you in my family, but I LOVE YOU! Happy 18 months!

1 comment:

Teandra said...

so so cute! I love that Henry boy