Sunday, January 29, 2012

3 weeks


Really? 3 weeks? 3 blissful weeks at that! Any of you that really know me, know that I HATE the newborn stage. Hate is a strong word, but I have never liked it with the other kids. Getting up in the night, losing my independence, no set schedule, not knowing who this tiny kid is, and the crying, crying, crying...The only thing I've enjoyed was the tiny little cuddles I constantly got with my newborns. I dare say I'm enjoying this one. I keep my fingers crossed that it'll continue to be so easy. Of course, the purple cry stage hasn't hit us yet, which is hard on anyone, I think...
After Henry was several months old, and we'd survived the crying stage, our pediatrician told us about new studies about how probiotics in infants helped with the colicky cries-if the cries had anything to do with tummy issues, and I wish I would have known it for Henry. Just to ward off a chance that Owen might do the same thing, we've been giving him probiotics every couple of days. He sleeps REALLY well at night (usually only up once), but last night was an exception where he cried until 2:30, so maybe we're not off the hook...
Except for that, he's been absolutely delightful. I could have 6 more kids if they were all this easy! (But not really 6).

He just smiled at us today on purpose. I LOVE IT! How does someone so small and relatively boring leave such an impact on a heart? Lucky for them they're cute!
I just finished his nursery, so I'll post pictures of that.
Owen has gained about 2 pounds already. I promise I don't overfeed him, but I think my milk is all cream! He loves the pacie and soft blankets. I set aside all the ensigns from the last 6 months to read while I was up with him at night. Though I'm up only once or twice with him, I've finished them all (except the conference issue)! We have gotten the middle-of-the-night routine down to 40 minutes, which seems long, but I'm so glad it's not longer! He sleeps in his own room, and always has. His cry is very soft, and rarely does he let us know he's upset. He is starting to look around and notice objects. I love that he recognizes my eyes now. How in love I feel!
I think of how fast they grow, and I wish I could bottle it all up! I've been trying to take a lot of video, since photos are hard for me to remember to take.

I love life most when I'm with all my family, and I wish time would slow down for just a few weeks...

No comments: