Sunday, October 16, 2011

Halloween Craft

It has been awhile since we've done a craft, and we wanted to do some Halloween wreaths. The descrepancy was our door colors. Tea's is white, and mine is black. She found a really cute wreath I though I could replicate for my door (picture now unavailable-from etsy). It would be cheap and fast.  During Priesthood session, we got started but my kids weren't allowing us much undivided attention, so we did them one at a time. Hers turned out super cute, and fast, and easy. Mine was a different story...

I bought a foam wreath, and covered it with quilting batting, then wrapped it tightly with gauze.

Then, I did it again, this time loosly.

After that step, we ripped up some gauze, and placed it haphazardly around the wreath. I ended up sewing on the gauze strips, because gluing it would show too well...that took the longest.

Then I found some mummy hands at Michaels and spray painted some black and brown and glued them to the wreath. Then I hung a rediculously short ribbon around it, (because I wasn't thinking at the craft store) and viola! It's done!

3 comments:

Teandra said...

i'VE BEEN dying to see it! I asked Dad if he saw it when he went over and he said he didn't notice. It looks great!

Silvia and Steven said...

really cute looking wreath! Love how "festive" it is!! :O)

The Dziendziels said...

I love the wreath! Such a creative idea.