Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Can you tell what I am?

It's a boy!
We found out in May, but didn't openly publish it, except to those who would obviously be aware in the coming months. We were so sure it was a girl, with no real reason except we had felt since Henry was born that the next would be a girl. And I started laughing when I noticed what was up in the ultrasound.
"What are we going to do with 3 boys!!!" That's the common phrase around our house. We don't have even 1 boy that will sit through a cartoon yet, so I have NO idea (and yet, a whole lot of ideas) of what I'm getting myself into.
The surprise came when we didn't actually miscarry-which was why we started so early...so I guess we can plan on never being in control. We'll leave that up to the Lord.
We are excited, nervous, and just plain scared. I had convinced myself that it was ok to have a girl, and started seeing visions of pink and hairbows, and dresses, but now, we are back on budget, and happy just the same! No names to agree on yet, and a minivan to purchase, but we can wait on those things:)
We are due Jan 9th.

4 comments:

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

We are excited about your boy!!! Congratulations!!!

Amy said...

Hooray!! I'm glad that you didn't have to deal with miscarriage this time--that's funny that you had just planned on it though, but I totally know what you mean!

Park City looks awesome, as usual!! Too bad we couldn't come :(

BTW, we're headed to Utah in December--not sure on the dates exactly yet, but we'd love to see you guys if you're up for it!

Tara Jayne said...

I know what you are going to do with three boys--referee wrestling. Or stop spitting sessions. Co-manage campouts. Amend altercations. Mediate mudfights. Basically, balance busy boys.

John-n-Mel said...

Congratulations!!! and GOOD LUCK!!!