Friday, July 8, 2011

Camping

I know most of you wouldn't post about camping. Big deal, right? It's kind of a big deal for us. We've been meaning to do this for WAY TOO LONG! (2 yrs) I've been making excuses and the timing has just never been right. Evan has had a super crazy work schedule lately, which made our Friday night camping trip a bust, so...determined to keep my husband happy and my promise to my boys, we packed up saturday afternoon and went. It was really fun. I don't hate camping. I really enjoy it. BUT, it's very hard with very young kids.
On our hike
We went up Hobble Creek and reserved a site, set up the tent, and went on a hike. Then we came back and played in the tent for awhile, made dinner, and put the boys down for an "early" bed, which turned out to be a short nap, cause they were up playing again for another couple of hours until we all got to fall asleep. SO fun!


                                                                                
The next morning we were up and out before 8 am, fed and happy. I can do camping trips like that. I keep telling Evan that I can't wait until our youngest is 2 and we can really ENJOY family outings like that. Until then we'll just have to make do and plug through it, right? It's worth it, right?
The boys had a blast and I did too, to tell the truth. But most importantly, Evan had a good time, which was my whole objective!

No comments: