Friday, July 8, 2011

The 4th of July

This is my 2nd most favorite holiday. I am becoming more patriotic the older I get. I can't even make it through the hymns in church this time of year. Sad but true. I cry and cry. Of course I cry at the opening of the first football game of the season too...

As usual, we took the kids to the parade and sat in our "usual" spot. The kids LOVED the WHOLE 2 HRS of it! It took me back to last year being so pregnant and hot, and that my sweet baby is WALKING! It's not fair how fast they grow. We went to the carnival afterwards and generously bought tickets for Porter to go on some rides, which he refused, so we had to scalp the tickets. Then we left for some yummy luch at Cafe Rio (I know, nothing like Mexican to celebrate America). We visited with some family, then came home and napped. Later that night we went to a BBQ at a neighbor's house where Porter experienced his first sparkler! It was kind of magical.
I LOVE LOVE LOVED the new law this year! Aerials were awesome! The kids loved seeing them all over the sky. It kinda made up for not seeing the big ones this year. I don't think we missed out on much.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy 4th!! I love it too!! Sounds like you guys had a great time!! I can't believe how big Henry is already! I'm jealous of your camping trip!! I'm so glad that the deer dent in the truck will be taken care of!!