Friday, March 12, 2010

It's official!


Evan presented his dissertation last friday. It was a well thought-out, well thought-through presentation, one of hundreds he's done, though I've never seen him so nervous. His committee was there-all 5 professors, causally sitting at the back, and colleagues and family were there. It was surreal to listen to perhaps the most critical presentaion of his whole life. He did well. At one point, Evan's sister Terri turned to me and asked, "What language is he speaking?" To be honest, I didn't understand it either, but I liked the pictures. Evan did a wonderful job. They kicked us out of the room while they interrogated Evan for 30 min, then kicked him out to deliberate. He passed! He had a few minor edits on his paper, and now, he's submitting it to the library. The last step! Next week he will be officially graduated!!!!!
I'm grateful to have married such a smart, grounded man. Though his research and career won't save the world, or solve political problems, (I don't care about those things) he puts food on our table and money in the bank. I love you so much. I'm proud of all you've accomplished. I'm glad you're done, and I would do it all again just to see how happy you are! I love you Dr. Zaugg!
P enjoying his meal at the Olive Garden. Doesnt' he look happy? Happily he wasn't there at the presentation!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

oh gosh... your little boy is soooo cute!

Teandra said...

but would you REALLY do it all again?.....

Mike and Amy said...

WooHoo!!!! Congratulations to both of you (or, all four of you, I should say)!! :)

Natalie and Aaron said...

Toni! Hey...please don't think I'm ignoring your comment. I have been working on the "birth" post...it's still a draft. Check back soon and I promise it will be there! Your son is darling. How are you guys!?!

Amy said...

Hooray!!!

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

WAHHHOOOO!!! Congrats! So exciting!