Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Just can't hide it anymore

Have you ever gotten to the point where you can't bend over to tie your shoes? Where bending over to get something requires some thought, hesitation, and extra time? Have you ever noticed your waistline losing its curves? Yeah. I'm there. Not only did I lose the biggest loser contest, but I've gained it all back, and then some. I have been battling the scale for months now, wondering just how high it'll go before I get to see my "normal" weight again. I've been sucking in my tummy everywhere I go, in hopes that no one notices how fat I'm getting. In fact, the fat isn't just evening out my mid-section, it's distributing itself to my face, my butt and (gulp) my thighs. My skin however, couldn't be better! Is that a small consolation? maybe. Perhaps its time to tell everyone again that I'm pregnant! Not that I've kept it a secret, but I definately can't hide it anymore. (unless I am just getting fatter). I haven't been sick, or lazy, I just never know how to tell people. How do you bring that up in a conversation? It makes me feel like I'm asking for congratulations. Awkward! So, if people ask, I'll tell, but everyone will know eventually.
I thought I could hold off for a few more weeks without breaking out the maternity pants, but alas, they're in my closet, ready to to go. My shirts? Well that's a different story...I don't NEED them, but I'm so sick of sucking it in so I don't look rediculously weird in my normal shirts.
I'm 18 weeks and feeling great. I didn't show until past 20 last time, and I thought I'd get there again, but this baby has suddenly grown overnight. My due date in Aug 1st.
We've been so cautious about telling people because we don't seem to stay pregnant half the time. I miscarried before Porter, and again last summer. We wanted our kids closer together than they'll be, but we're just grateful we get another one! I'm excited to be pregnant in the summer again. There are tons of reasons to love it: No bending over to tie your shoes, your hair doesn't grow as fast, so shaving your legs happens half as often, and you get to take your baby out instead of go stir-crazy at home.
Yes, this time we're finding out what we're having, and I can't wait. It seems doubly exciting cause we haven't done this before! Any thoughts? We go back and forth each day, but mostly I think it's a _____(Insert gender here).

12 comments:

Amy said...

yea!! i'm excited to find out if it's another boy, or if it's a girl!!! congrats to evan on his phd!!! yea!!

Rob and Jill said...

Yeah! I had a dream the other night that it was a girl:)

Teandra said...

Check out this blog post for details...
http://beautifulafterthebelly.blogspot.com/2009/10/before-you-get-pregnant-again.html

Teandra said...

I was waiting for this post! Congratulations I mean...i read that with your second you alwasy show sooner because of DIASTASIS. It is your recti splitting further and further apart. If you don't bring it back together BETWEEN pregnancies- this will happen more and more with each one. Just food for thought....

Silvia and Steven said...

Congratulations!! We are going to be pregnant together.... kind of. I'm due July 9th. We are having a girl!

I finally "popped" a week ago. It took longer than with the boys. I'm so excited for you!

John-n-Mel said...

You waited 18 weeks to bust out the news? You could wait 18 weeks? You're amazing! To me that would be ideal. Congratulations and Good Luck!

Janelle said...

I popped out much more with #2 and really soon at 8 weeks. Congratulations and best of luck.

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

Congrats! So exciting! You are lucky that you are just getting to the not being able hide it anymore thing...
I am guessing you are having another boy...but really it is too early to tell.

Mike and Amy said...

Hooray!! Congratulations!!! We know all too well about the cautious optimism because of miscarriages ... we are SO HAPPY for you guys!!!! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy ... can't wait to hear about the gender! :)

Erika and Amos said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting. Hope you're feeling well.

Buffy said...

Your so positive about the summer pregnancy... I guess because of the move to warmer weather I'm dreading it a bit, can't wait till you come and visit!!! Soon I hope!

Simone said...

Hello! I am super excited for you! Congratulations! I haven't checked my blog in a while but yay! I do want to see you when you come here. When might that be specifically?