Friday, April 3, 2009

Grandpa Gentry, you'll be missed


My sweet grandpa passed away suddenly yesterday. He was a dairyman in St. George, and was always looking after the cows. He's had several health concerns over the years, but still kept plugging away at the dairy. He never came home for "supper" last night, so grandma sent someone over to check on him, and they found him sitting up in a ditch, holding a pitch fork. Appropriate? I think so. We like to think the angels came to him and told him they were taking him in a few minutes and that's where he sat to wait. I sure will miss him. He was 81 yrs old and lived a great life. I worry about grandma and what she'll do and who she'll take care of.

My testimony grows everytime someone close to me passes on. I know there is life after this, and I know my family will be together forever. God has blessed me so much. This knowledge is so precious to me, and I wouldn't be okay without it. I will miss his voice at the table, and his shuffle on the floor, but I know I'll see him again.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am sorry to hear your Grandpa passed away. That can be a tough thing. Dustin and I couldn't help laughing when we read about the pitch fork and all! :)

Lynette said...

Toni, I'm so sorry about your Grandpa. It sounds like he lived a great life. We will keep your family in our prayers.