Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Porter is 3

Porter's birthday always lies around Labor Day, which makes is hard, yet fun to plan parties. Since we just had Henry's party and invited the family, we didn't want them to have to come to another one, so we had a low-key friend party this year. And, just like Henry's, it rained. At least we were able to party, though.
My mom and dad and Tea and Ryan came Sunday for Porter's favorite dinner-spaghetti, and we opened the family gifts.

Monday (Labor Day) we invited some friends and their families to come to a water party. We bought a water table, had the slip and slide going, and bought water guns for all the kids. It was overcast and perfect. We all hung out under the tents and ate hot dogs and had cake and ice cream. It was wonderful, as you can see:




3 yr stats:
31 lbs
39 in
You have been such a joy to have in my life. You answer all questions with a full sentence: "yes I am," or "yes I do". I am amazed each day at your intellect. It seems you are far too knowledgeable for your age. You are beginning the "why" stage. You have such a methodic mind. You love to put puzzles together. It takes you once with help, and you can do 24 pieces in a few minutes. I love watching you talk to yourself while you do an activity. You are beginning imaginative play. It is so neat to watch you start playing with other kids and make up stories. I LOVE IT! You are a big helper around the house, and you are understanding that work brings rewards. You are good at obeying and you always stay close. I don't remember when you were too little to do that!  Thank you for all your goodness and your fun. Life would be so dull without you in it. Thanks for making me laugh each day, and for always reminding me why I love being your mom.

3 comments:

Teandra said...

the cake turned out so cute! Nice work mom.

Amy said...

Listen to that boy talk!! That is crazy to how big he sounds!!!! That train cake looks awesome!!! Did you make that??

imemary said...

I see that Izzy got a head start on the cake.