Friday, February 18, 2011

I think I'm in love


Maybe this was one of our best Valentine's Days. Maybe It was fabulous because of what happened last year, which was NOTHING. Not one thing. Not even a card! I thought for sure it would be yet another bust due to the overwhelming amounts of work Evan needed to do. But thinking about the holiday made me a little sad and at times resentful, so I mentioned it to Evan, not knowing if I'd regret doing so, for the sake of a really genuine Evan and whatever that brought to me. I didn't want him to do something just because I mentioned it, or because he felt he HAD to- but really? Aren't we in love? At least do SOMETHING! Anyway....He did say that he couldn't win. Don't get me wrong, he does show affection, and is always good for mother's day, and anniversaries and such. It just happened to be a sore spot from last year.
I woke up to a note that asked me to meet him for lunch that day, and he arranged for Mary to watch the kids. It was wonderful.
I showed up to the restaurant to see this:
Inside was this:
Soooo yummy!
He also gave me a new one of these:
It's a new Sansa Clip, an MP3 player. My last one broke and I've missed it terribly.
He totally redeemed himself this year. Whether I said something or not, he really did it right this year.
I love him a lot. He is perfect for me.
At the end of the day, I gave him this:
I make him a card every V-Day. The inside isn't pictured, but I think it's the best one yet.

4 comments:

Dustin said...

Yea Evan! I'm glad you had such a great Valentines! Is that Phil and Ted's good for jogging too???

Amy said...

Yay Evan! I'm glad that he redeemed himself. I can totally understand this, and I'm glad that you were able to get on the same page!

Does the phil and teds work as a jogging stroller too?? I remember looking at it online when we were shopping for our first jogging stroller, and thinking it would be a great fit, because you can make it into a double...but I don't remember if it is a jogging one or not?? I remember being concerned about the little seat being too close to where my legs would be--do you kick it with your shins/feet all the time??

Do you use your Baby Trends jogging stroller anymore??

Teandra said...

it's ok, we didn't do anything this year..

Silvia and Steven said...

ha ha I know how you feel!! Steven has been celebrating V-day every other year. But the year that he doesn't well I feel resentful. Because like you said...aren't we in Love?? We are but something doesn't mean go spend money. A simple I love you and a written poem is enough.
But you sound like you had an awesome day!! So sweet!