Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Daddy,
I love it when you play with me. You lift me up and roll around with me. You make growling noises that make me scream. I love playing with you.
I love how you’re the first one in when I wake up at night. You make me feel secure in your arms. You sing to me and hold me tight. I know you love me.
I wait all day to hear your voice. Every time I hear the door open, I hope it’s you coming home.
I love it when you stay home to be with me. You read me stories and do all the animal noises. It makes me laugh. I like it when you talk to me when I’m being changed. It’s way better than the way mommy does it.
You always seem to know when I’m hungry, and give me what I like to eat. I’m always in the mood for puffs.
You’re the best at putting me down at night. You talk to me, and wrap me so tight. Sometimes I pretend I’m not tired just to spend a few extra minutes with you.
You are more patient than mommy. I know you’ll take care of me when she is tired.
Sometimes at night when I’m asleep in the car seat, I try to wake up when you take me inside, because I want to look at you, but I’m just so tired. I guess your arms are too soft.
When you take me on walks I love when you do a wheelie in the stroller. Mommy doesn’t do that. You’re a cool dad. You do the right duck noises, and you love to sing to me.
Elder’s quorum is way better than Relief Society. I’m glad I get to be with you. You let me walk along the chairs and I love to play with you.
When I’m playing, I’ll come up to you and bite your knee, not because I think it tastes good, but because I can’t reach your face to give you a kiss.
You’re the best daddy in the whole world. I think you are the smartest, funniest, handsomest dad ever. I want to be just like you!

No comments: